Benefits of Belonging
Prestige, Pleasure, Power - Be a part of a positively posh Penn experience
There are many benefits of belonging to The Penn Club. This video provides a quick preview of the Club (duration: 3 min 29 secs).
Why Do People Join The Penn Club?
Members of varied interests and at different stages of their lives find use of The Penn Club's resources in different ways.
Some enjoy socializing and attending fun events from happy hours to gourmet dining events. Others use the clubhouse for their professional needs, from hosting meetings to entertaining clients in our main dining room, to networking with other members. Yet others see the value in utilizing our affordable overnight rooms, Palestra Fitness Center and massage services. Many members love the membership benefit of access to over 150 exclusive reciprocal clubs around the world. Other members take advantage of other membership benefits such as discounts ranging from clothing to auto rentals.
So, wherever you may reside, wherever you may be in your career and life, and whatever your interests, The Penn Club is a fabulous resource for members who belong to the Club. Many members change their use of the Club over time as their lifestyle changes, and continue to value its services.
Most of all, members join to connect with real movers and Quakers!
Below are some of the benefits to becoming a member of The Penn Club.
Network and Learn
- Participate in events that feed your intellectual, professional, social, and cultural needs
- Network with accomplished Penn member alumni - at the clubhouse or online on our "Members Only" website
- Meet new friends at Inter-Ivy events that also allow you the opportunity to visit our university clubs on clubhouse row
- Young alumni meet every first Wednesday of the month
- Attend social mixers of different age groups
- Watch televised Penn games at The Grill Room with fellow Penn alumni
- Relax with soothing massage treatments at discounted rates
- Rest by the fireplace in the Franklin Living Room or use it as a meeting place or stopover when in-between meetings...enjoy snacks and cocktails after-work by the fireside
- Entertain clients with fine dining at an exclusive locale (Penn Club's executive chef has worked at The Plaza Hotel and Waldorf Astoria before)
- In the mood for sushi? Our sushi chef prepares fresh sushi for members Tuesdays through Thursdays
- Rent banquet and meeting rooms with fabulous food and gracious service - Wi-Fi connection available in meeting rooms, as well as audio-visual equipment
Resources at your Disposal
- Utilize the Business Center for meetings or for job-searching online with complimentary wireless Broadband Internet connection
- Stay connected while you dine...enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi in The Grill Room
- Check email in the Franklin Living Room or Business Center using our computer...service available free to members
- Post announcements or classified ads (free!) on the Bulletin Board within the "Members Only" web site. Members may post about jobs, member-to-member benefits, discounts, to finding squash partners and apartments
Travel and Save
- Enjoy affordable overnight rooms for you and your guests - overnight guests get free access to the Palestra Fitness Center during their time of stay in the overnight rooms and complimentary breakfast in The Grill Room during weekend stays...a complete bargain! Complimentary W-Fi available within overnight rooms.
- Park your car near Times Square (2 blocks from the clubhouse) at discount rates
- Auto rental discounts through Hertz
- 150+ reciprocal clubs around the world provides Penn Club members access to affordable accommodations, golf and fitness centers (where available), and exclusive dining locales
- Shopping discounts at Brooks Brothers
- Lower fees for test preparation courses
- Wall Street Journal discount
Did you know?
Over 60% of Penn Club members do not live or work in New York City! Why do they become members of the Penn Club? Some Penn Club members utilize the clubhouse (especially the affordable overnight rooms) during their visit to New York, others enjoy the privileges of visiting the high-caliber reciprocal private clubs around the world, many utilize the member discounts for worldwide car rentals and at nationwide retail outlets such as Brooks Brothers, and yet others make use of our "Members Only" web site for virtual networking opportunities with fellow Penn Club members.
To read the write-up on The Penn Club in the June 2005 issue of Club Management magazine, click here .
Scheduling a Tour
Tours of the clubhouse are provided to eligible member candidates during weekdays between 10am. and 5pm.
All tours must be scheduled in advance to ensure that a tour guide is available to provide you a tour. Requests for tours on a walk-in basis are not recommended. Tours take approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Please note our business casual dress code when coming in for the tour of the club facilities. The Membership Admissions Office is closed on weekends and holidays.
Please schedule a tour in advance by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and time you would like to take a tour. You will receive a reply within 24 hours during weekdays. You may also call the Membership Admissions Office during business hours at (212) 403-6627 to schedule a tour.
Please complete the Membership Inquiry Form to receive periodic updates on Penn Club activities, programs and membership information that may be of interest to you and your family. To receive a membership package with our application and current dues rates, please complete the Membership Inquiry Form or email email@example.com stating your affiliation to Penn, or call (212) 403-6627. To download a Penn Affiliation membership application, click on the button below:
To schedule a tour or learn more about membership benefits of The Penn Club, call (212) 403-6627.
Below are a sampling of recent unsolicited member comments about The Penn Club. They are a testament to the value of membership and quality of service that the Club offers its members and their guests:
"Without exception, my experiences at the Club, whether a casual meal, a cocktail in the reading room (Franklin Living Room), or a weekend stay, have been wonderful in all respects. Please extend a hearty "thank you!" to all on the staff who have been so consistently welcoming and attentive."
-- Member, June 14, 2007
"We felt very much at home. Excellent in all respects with regards to housekeeping, room amenities and features, in-room refreshments, dining, accuracy of reservations, service from the reception desk, doorman/bell hop, and restaurants."
-- Member, March 5, 2006
"My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Club. My wife loves the cleanliness of the rooms. Thank you."
-- Member, February 25, 2006
"Just a short note to say how much my daughter and I enjoyed our stay at the Club just before Christmas. Everything from our rooms to the food was just great. The Penn Club staff were all every hospitable and helpful. New York was fantastic on our first visit and we can't wait to come again. Needless to say we will stay with you again."
-- Member, January 7, 2006
"Once again, I want to let you know that the Penn Club book group has enjoyed another wonderful "semester". After 9 years of meetings, in every way I think this event truly reflects the goals and standards of the Club. The outstanding food, professional and warm staff, and fine intellectual level of the participants all add up to the excellence in every respect! I personally want to thank the wonderful Penn Club team for maintaining the high standards of the Club and ensuring every meeting is excellent. Each individual makes this event seamless -- especially when the unexpected occurs. My thanks for setting the bar so high -- we are all very proud to be associated with such a find Club!"
-- Member, Book Group Luncheon Discussion Leader, December 1, 2005
"Even after 7 years of service at The Penn Club, Wesson's assistance and goodwill always shines. Our photos came out beautifully and even more importantly, it was terrific to be back at The Penn Club. I remembered how well we were treated 7 years ago and the tradition continues. I ran home to let my husband know that every year, we will celebrate our anniversary at a place that is so dear to our hearts."
-- Member, July 7, 2005
"My wife and I have just returned to Scotland from celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary with eight days in New York, based at The Penn Club. We thoroughly enjoyed the city, but our celebration was greatly enhanced by the fact that we were based at the Club. Our room was excellent and we really appreciated the elegance, facilities, and the peace that the Club provided. We should also like to express our appreciation to the staff. They could not have been more welcoming, friendly, and helpful. In particular, we would like to say a special thanks to the staff in The Grill Room who looked after us breakfast time. Although I am a Charter Member, this was the first time in 10 years that I have been able to spend sufficient time in NYC itself to make full use of the Club. It was the most enjoyable experience and I shall certainly make a habit of using it as my base when I have time to spend in Manhattan."
-- Member, June 30, 2005
"Even though I have moved from New York City to Oklahoma, I cannot afford to be without my Penn Club membership. Every significant career move in my life has been in The Grill Room at The Penn Club. The addition of wireless Internet connection to the overnight rooms is fabulous!"
-- Member, June 14, 2005
"The front desk staff helped me out tremendously in a bind during my last overnight stay, when I discovered a few hours before my Black Tie event that I had packed my tuxedo shirt and jacket, but not my pants. Within that tight time frame, they somehow got my outfit together and I made it to my event on time. What an amazing experience with the staff of The Penn Club!"
-- Member, June 14, 2005
"I want to express my sincere gratitude to Tony Kontos for helping make Mother's Day very special for my family. Everything about our experience at The Penn Club was superb. The food was delicious and the wait staff was attentive. But, most of all, it was the kindness, warmth, and generosity that Tony showed us that truly made this day memorable. He made us feel right at home, as always."
-- Member, May 12, 2005
"Really enjoy staying here; this was the second time. Great location and the rooms are terrific."
-- Member, March 19, 2005