Located in Midtown, The Penn Club is an ideal place for members and their guests to stay when visiting New York. One of the benefits of staying at The Penn Club is our convenient location -- the clubhouse is just a short walk to Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central, and subways that can take you all over the city. The Penn Club truly is the perfect place for members to stay while traveling on business, or simply getting away for the weekend!
The 39 overnight guest rooms boast Penn tradition while providing both privacy and comfort. The foyers and rooms on the five guest floors feature mahogany furniture, brass fittings, and fine fabrics. Each floor encompasses a different theme at Penn.
- The 9th floor salutes campus student activities
- The 8th floor honors Penn "firsts, such as the first African-American woman to earn a Ph.D.
- The 7th floor is a tribute to the accomplishments of Penn alumni in politics and government
- The 6th floor honors the numerous Penn students, alumni, and coaches who have participated in the Olympic Games
- The 5th floor recognizes the achievements of Penn alumni in various professions
- Luxury Collection Beautyrest Black Beverly Hills Pillow Top member-pampering beds
- European Duvet covers
- First quality cotton linen, feather and foam pillows, and natural wool blankets
- Air-conditioned rooms with individually-controlled heating and cooling
- High-speed WiFi Internet connection (complimentary) and fax/modem ports
- In-room safe deposit box at no additional charge
- Flat-screen television
- In room refreshment center & Starbucks coffee
- Plush terry bathrobes
- Shampoo, lotions, and soaps for face & body from the William Roam collection
- Complimentary continental breakfast Saturday and Sunday in the Grill Room
Guest Services Offered to Overnight Guests
Expect an unequaled level of personal service at The Penn Club. A variety of specialized services within the Club provide pleasure and convenience for our overnight guests.
- Complimentary access to the Palestra Fitness Center
- In-room massage treatments available
- Incoming and outgoing faxes at the front desk (self-serve available in the Business Center)
- Valet/car service
- Laundry/dry cleaning service
- Room Types
||Number of Rooms
||Non-Peak Member Rate
|Standard Room - Queen Bed
|Standard Room - Two Twin Beds
|Standard Room - King Bed
|Deluxe Room - Queen Bed
|Deluxe Room - King Bed
|Founders Suite - King Bed in Junior Suite with sofa bed and walk-in closet
Any room not occupied by a member has a guest fee of up to $100 per night per room plus tax. Cribs and rollaway beds for a child or adult are available at an additional charge of $25 per night plus tax. $10 per night peak surcharge from September to December.
Only members and their sponsored guests may utilize the clubhouse, including staying in the overnight guest rooms. If you are not a member, please call the Membership Admissions Office at 212.403.6627.
Members of the Penn Club & our reciprocal clubs can call the Front Desk at 212.403.6533 to inquire about room availability and rates.
Overnight Guest Room Policies
- Guest Fees
Penn Club members may reserve and sponsor overnight accommodations for guests. An additional guest fee of up to $100/night is assessed to the nightly room rate for all rooms occupied by guests of members. There is no guest fee for a guest staying in the same room as a member. As all memberships are individual, spouses are considered guests of members if s/he is not a spousal/life partner member of the Club.
Room cancellations must be made by 5pm the evening prior to arrival date. There will be a one-day room charge for all late cancellations and no shows.
Member applicants must await for their new member application to be fully processed before making any room reservations. Members may make reservations up to 12 months in advance. As such, members and guests are responsible for the going room rate at that time, since room rates are subject to change at any time, without notice. Members must make reservations on behalf of their guests. The cancellation policy applies to all guests and members. If the guests refuse to pay the cancellation fee, members are responsible for such payment
- Check In/Out Policies
Check in Time: 3:00 p.m.
Checkout Time: 12:00 p.m.
- Overflow Policies
If all the sleeping rooms at the clubhouse are fully booked, members can ask to be placed on a waiting list as some members may cancel at the last minute (latest by 11pm the night before).
All rates are subject to applicable city and state taxes and are subject to change at any time without notice.
Join the Club
To receive a membership package with our application and current dues rates CLICK HERE or email email@example.com stating your affiliation to Penn, or call (212) 403-6627. To download a Penn Affiliation membership application, click on the button below: