Why Do People Join The Penn Club?
Members of varied interests and at different stages of their lives find use of The Penn Club's resources in different ways.
Some enjoy socializing and attending fun events from happy hours to gourmet dining events. Others use the clubhouse for their professional needs, from hosting meetings to entertaining clients in our main dining room, to networking with other members. Yet others see the value in utilizing our affordable overnight rooms, Palestra Fitness Center and massage services. Many members love the membership benefit of access to over 150 exclusive reciprocal clubs around the world. Other members take advantage of other membership benefits such as discounts ranging from clothing to auto rentals.
So, wherever you may reside, wherever you may be in your career and life, and whatever your interests, The Penn Club is a fabulous resource for members who belong to the Club. Many members change their use of the Club over time as their lifestyle changes, and continue to value its services.
Below are some of the benefits to becoming a member of The Penn Club.
Network and Learn
- Participate in events that feed your intellectual, professional, social, and cultural needs
- Network with accomplished Penn member alumni - at the clubhouse or online on our "Members Only" website
- Meet new friends at Inter-Ivy events that also allow you the opportunity to visit our university clubs on clubhouse row
- Young alumni meet every first Wednesday of the month
- Attend social mixers of different age groups
- Watch televised Penn games at The Grill Room with fellow Penn alumni
- Relax with soothing massage treatments at discounted rates
- Rest by the fireplace in the Franklin Living Room or use it as a meeting place or stopover when in-between meetings...enjoy snacks and cocktails after-work by the fireside
- Entertain clients with fine dining at an exclusive locale
- In the mood for sushi? Our sushi chef prepares fresh sushi for members Tuesdays through Thursdays
- Rent banquet and meeting rooms with fabulous food and gracious service - WiFi connection available in meeting rooms, as well as audio-visual equipment
Resources at your Disposal
- Utilize the Business Center for meetings or for job-searching online with complimentary wireless Broadband Internet connection
- Stay connected while you dine...enjoy complimentary WiFi in The Grill Room
- Check email in the Franklin Living Room or Business Center using our computer...service available free to members
Travel and Save
- Enjoy affordable overnight rooms for you and your guests - overnight guests receive complimentary access to the Palestra Fitness Center for the duration of their stay, and complimentary breakfast in The Grill Room on weekends! Complimentary WiFi is available in every overnight room.
- Park your car near Times Square (1 block from the clubhouse) at discount rates
- Auto rental discounts through Hertz
- 150+ reciprocal clubs around the world provides Penn Club members access to affordable accommodations, golf and fitness centers (where available), and exclusive dining locales
- Shopping discounts at Brooks Brothers
- Lower fees for test preparation courses
- Wall Street Journal discount
Did you know?
More than 60% of Penn Club members do not live or work in New York City! Why do they become members of the Penn Club? Some Penn Club members utilize the clubhouse (especially the affordable overnight rooms) during their visits to New York, others enjoy the privileges of visiting the high-caliber reciprocal private clubs around the world, many utilize the member discounts for worldwide car rentals and at nationwide retail outlets such as Brooks Brothers, and yet others make use of our "Members Only" web site for virtual networking opportunities with fellow Penn Club members.
To read the write-up on The Penn Club in the June 2005 issue of Club Management magazine, click here .
Please complete the Membership Inquiry Form to receive periodic updates on Penn Club activities, programs and membership information that may be of interest to you and your family. To receive a membership package with our application and current dues rates, you may also complete the Membership Inquiry Form, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your affiliation to Penn. To download a Penn Affiliation membership application, click on the button below:
Penn Affiliate Application
To schedule a tour or learn more about membership benefits of The Penn Club, call (212) 403-6627.